OPPORTUNITIES in Our MHG
Our Medicinal Herb Garden Functions
The Medicinal Herb Garden at Our UC Gill Tract Community Farm serves multiple functions for our community.
- Facilitates bodily “groundedness,” to be in touch with the Earth: literally grounding our wild energies, so that we may be more calm and centered.
- Opens bodily sensitivity and respectfulness to all the energy presences of other beings and substances around us.
- Cultivates “bodily literacy”: ability to pay attention to and understand the feeling intuitions our bodies are constantly receiving and communicating to us.
- Provides a source/reservoir of compassionate healing energies for our bodies to absorb and align with.
- Acknowledges and facilitates the importance of herbal uses in our diverse ethnic traditions.
- Provides opportunities for acquaintance with, and respect for our traditional herb plants and also for the herbs and traditions of others.
- Facilitates the perpetuation of ethnic medicinal traditions and wisdom.
- Expands understanding of the depths and diversity of modes of traditional plant-facilitated healing.
- Demonstrates how we can grow medicinal herb plants, from traditions all around the world, to serve our ethnic community residents, and honor what they know and have to offer.
- Provides traditional peoples the opportunity to have access to the plants of their own traditions.
- Revives opportunities for medicinal sovereignty, and divestment from Big Pharma.
- Facilitates heart centered education through the cultivation of relational, energy-conscious mind use.
- Galvanizes Our community and Our UC to demonstrate the quality of and necessity for land and nature based (grounded, relational and respectful) experiential and participatory (non-abstracted) education.
- Promotes education by the community, serving the community: facilitating community sovereignty and resilience.
- Provides an education that relates to and respectfully appreciates and affirms non-Western traditions, so that we may come to understand and become at Peace with them.
- We run a variety of educational programs as an offering.
Vision: Compassionate Peace
- Provides an exemplary community heart-centered peace education which can be locally demonstrated and appreciating throughout the world’s traditions.
- This is the future of Peace promoting education, for which the UC can become proud to be on the forefront (In the “Western” world), and known for.
- Serves as an appetizer for a full fledged Community- Centered Peace Medicinal Herb Garden (please see “brochure” at healingspiritplants.com website).